Price Range: $189
- The Hitachi CG22EASSLP is a gas-fueled beast with a 21 CC engine that is commercial grade
- Most gas trimmers suffer from poor-startup reliability; not this guy. It uses the Hitachi S-Start system to make starting it easy and light duty for your body
- The head holds up 13 feet of line and is simple to use with its semi-automatic design
- The engine is a 2-stroke, low-emission PureFire and is designed to produce less fumes (this trimmer is CARB Tier III Compliant)
- An optional blade conversion kit (have to add it on – not included) adapts the unit to trim brush and overgrowth
- The Hitachi CG22EASSLP is really designed to make “work” easier on your body and has an anti-vibration system and is lightweight
What Customers Are Saying:
Lightweight machine for the power, low vibration with great throttle responsiveness.
Great power, running at half-throttle is plenty of power for most grass trimming needs and full power is serious business- can strip bark off your trees!
Start-up is easy as advertised
The shield is quite small and if you need customer service there are very isolated reports that the Hitachi team isn’t the greatest. Keep in mind though Hitachi CG22EASSLP has a 7 year warranty so you should be covered in most cases, just turn on your charm.
The Hitachi CG22EASSLP is a Two-Stroke gas-powered trimmer. It uses a commercial-grade engine meaning…it has some serious power. It’s built of high quality components featuring a 60 inch shaft made of solid steel. This trimmer uses a semi-automatic line dispenser to make it easy to feed more line. The unit is basically designed to be easy to use and light on the body as much as a gas trimmer can be. Work is still work and it won’t do it all for you however.
So what features does it have to make it easier on you? First it’s a very light machine for being gas powered, weighing in under 10 pounds at 9.7 lbs. This makes it much easier to lug around whacking the weeds. One user reported cleaning up 2 acres with it (about 2 hours spent working the unit straight) and only mild fatigue. It also comes with an anti-vibration system that actually works and is user-verified. There is a D-style handle for operational ease. One problem many of us have dealt with is unreliable or difficult start-up from our weed trimmers. This one uses the Hitachi S-Start (it’s good if you haven’t heard of it) system and is minimal impact on your body. The motor is also designed to produce minimal fumes.
Some additional info worth noting: it comes with a seven year warranty if you have any issues and you can purchase separately a blade and blade conversion kit to trim bushes and overgrowth. Hitachi CG22EASSLP is CARB compliant. What does CARB compliant mean? It just means it complies with California’s Air Resource Board air pollution standards.