Price Range: $73
Eligible (Not a Prime member? Get a free 30 day trial >here<)
- This trimmer boasts an 18″ cutting path making for quick work (Also available in $30 4 Amp 13″ and $55 5.5 Amp 15″ configurations)
- Uses a dual line with a bump feed system for easy feeding
- 10 Amp motor gives you lots of power to take on heavy duty weeds
- Comfortable grip has a cushion and over-mold for added comfort and control
- Comes with the GreenWorks Quick-Connect Coupler allowing you to turn your Trimmer into an edger, tiller, pole saw, or blower (attachments sold separately and will accept GreenWorks and Ryobi split boom attachments)
What Customers Are Saying:
“This unit seems to have a lot of power.”
“It is packed with power and I don’t have to worry about the gas and oil.”
“I am a small frame female and it is not too heavy for me”
And someone literally has determined that this weed eater is the bomb. Why the bomb? Because it will cut through the thickest grass in no time and with little effort. It’s got the power you want without having to deal with a gas motor.
The GreenWorks 21142 comes packing some serious heat. With a 10 Amp motor it has the power needed to whack through thick weeds. Add in the 18″ cutting diameter and you can really make quick work of your yard duty. The line is fed through a bump feed system which is reported to work pretty well. It is a corded tool so it has some benefits and drawbacks. On the plus side you don’t have to worry about charging batteries all the time to get your work done nor do you have to fuel it with gas and pump oil into it. However you do have to contend with the power cords and depending on your outlet locations and lawn shape / size this could be a real deal breaker. As mentioned before you DO get the benefit of a strong cutter.
The GreenWorks 21142 is pretty light weight (about medium weight in contrast to other cord units), more so than gas trimmers typically so it is easier to use and people of most sizes should be able to use rather easily. If you already have or want to pick up the attachments you can turn this unit into a leaf blower, trimmer, and more which makes this series very convenient. The assembly is very easy and you can be up and running quickly. That said, the string it comes with isn’t high quality and you are best off getting some quality trimmer string from the get-go.
- GreenWorks 21142 Trimmer
- 1 Spool of .8 String