Lowest Price: $199
Eligible (Not a Prime member? Get a free 30 day trial >here<)
- Char-Broil four burner, 40,000 BTU gas grill with 10,000 BTU lidded side burner
- 480 square inches of primary cooking on porcelain-coated cast iron grates plus 180 square inches of secondary cooking on porcelain-coated swing away
- Large metal side shelves offer lots of workspace and two 7″ wheels offer easy portability
- Stainless steel lid, handle, control panel, and fascia’s add style and durability to this model
- Electronic ignition system offers a reliable spark with every push
What Customers Are Saying:
The Char-Broil 480 is called the “Classic” for a good reason – it’s a great, reliable grill that’s been cookin’ up delicious flavors for years. It’s been tried and tested and it’s delivered! Out of 72 reviews a whopping 63 are 4-5 stars with only 9 reviews giving it 3 or less. All parts appear to be reasonably high quality. Lots of reviewers were impressed with the speedy start-up (easy push-button and it’s on!) and quick heat up time.
The good: The CharBroil 480 met all my expectations and is an excellent value for the price. It does a great job cooking all types of meat. I would highly recommend buying this unit. For the value price point of $200 and under you won’t find a better grill.
Cons: We didn’t find many negative reviews for this unit other than the assembly time. It can take anywhere from 1.5-3 hours to assemble depending on your handyman skills. There were a handful of reports that keeping an even temperature on low settings is difficult as the distribution may be uneven.
Our Suggestion: if you’re in the market for a grill under $250 you won’t be disappointed with the Char-Broil 480. If you’re looking for a fancy grill so you can be the neighborhood Top Chef you probably will have to expand your budget a few hundred dollars.
Some More Features:
The Classic 480 uses 4 propane gas burners delivering 48,000 BTUs of heat. They fire up immediately with the push-start ignition and the grill will get up to temperature quickly. The side burner pumps out a strong 10,000 BTUs of heat and provides great side space for plates The stainless steel material looks good and is durable. A total of 665 square inches of cooking surface is plenty for grilling a feast.
Size: 56″ Length x 45.5″ Height x 21″ Depth
Weight: 114 pounds (115 pounds in the box – have a friend or family member handy!)
- Char-Broil 480 4 Burner gas bbq grill
- Instructions (only tool needed is Philips screw driver – not included)
- Stainless steel lid, handle, control panel