Price Range: $94
- The Black & Decker LST220 is a combo trimmer and edger, converting quickly by simple turn of the shaft
- Uses a powerful 20-Volt Lithium-Ion battery for longer lasting charges than NiCad batteries
- Built with the Black & Decker PowerDrive transmission to give more trimming power
- The Automatic Feed Spool automatically dispenses string as needed without annoying sidewalk thumping
- Comes with standard Black & Decker limited 2-year warranty
- Note: This unit is also available in a Trimmer + Blower combo package for extra savings, the package costs $129 and you can select the option on the product page (follow link above)
What Customers Are Saying:
“Good for trimming, ok for edging.”
“Good thing B&D includes two batteries. One battery doesn’t come anywhere near getting the job done.”
Many reviewers note the short run-time which is expected…it’s a cordless battery unit. Unfortunately battery-powered lawn tools suffer from this problem but the good news is the LST220 is a big step up over most battery units of the past. We often repeat this, if you have a large yard then battery-powered is probably not the best route for you.
The Black & Decker LST220 uses some of the latest battery technology, 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion battery system. Black & Decker claims these batteries have a longer lifespan and their charges last up to 5 times longer than 18-Volt NiCad batteries. This seems to be at least somewhat validated but a bit of an overstatement. Users that have used both batteries definitely favor the newer Lithium-Ion battery but there are still complaints about how long the batteries last. B&D makes using their tools really convenient by making their entire 20-Volt battery line of lawn tools compatible so you can swap the batteries in and out with no problem.
Now to the trimmer itself: the LST220 is one of the lightest trimmers you can find on the market. It only weighs 5 pounds making it convenient to use for anyone (maybe have the wife test it out!). It can be adjusted to suit your size and preferences with a telescoping rod and movable handle positions. It uses the PowerDrive Transmission that comes in most of Black & Decker’s trimmers which does produce really good power, especially in something so light and battery-powered. Another nice innovation is Black & Decker’s Automatic Feed Spool which does exactly as its name promises: it automatically re-feeds your trimmer line so that you don’t have to mess with the bump (more like smash) on the concrete over and over followed by flipping it upside down and manually fixing. And it’s not just a pipe dream, this system actually works really well and mostly reliably, some people have ran into problems at a small percent but your unit is covered under warranty.
- Black & Decker LST220 Trimmer
- (Optional Package) LSW20 Sweeper
- (2) 20-Volt Lithium Ion Black & Decker LBXR20 batteries
- LCS20 battery charger
- Operating Instructions